Thursday, August 22, 2013

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

First day...didn't really go that great. To put it simply...I'm hungry. Reallyyyyy flappin' hungry.

This morning I was supposed to be at my doctor's office at 8:30. Uhm, that didn't happen. They wanted to test my insulin/glucose levels and make sure I was producing enough to break down what I was eating. But, I slept in. : /

My goal today was to watch what I ate. And I did....kind of.

When I spoke to my doctor the other day, he had mentioned possibly prescribing me appetite suppressants to help curb any binge eating. I've been pretty good about watching how much I eat lately, but eating too much has been something I have struggled with for YEARS. I think a lot of people who struggle with their weight struggle with binge eating.

 But when he mentioned the appetite suppressants, I quickly declined and stated I didn't think I needed them. But, today may have caused me to have a change of heart.

I ate okay...ish. This morning I ate a piece a toast, two eggs, and a yogurt. I was still hungry.
 I went over to my mom's hours later and started munching on
Ruffles potato chips and sour cream and onion dip. It wasn't many, but still.

I came back home around 2pm, and ate one tuna fish sandwich. I was still hungry. While making the sandwich, I was reallyyyyyy tempted to go ahead and make another for myself, but I decided against it.

And for dinner, everyone else had pizza. It looked good and smelt good and so I let myself have two medium sized slices.

I honestly don't think I did that bad considering what I would have eaten had I not been trying to watch myself. Lucky Charms for breakfast, two sandwiches, and probably 3-4 pieces of pizza.

It is kind of shameful when I write what I would have eaten down. Makes me realize that maybe I do have a slight problem with what/how much I eat.

On the bright side though, I did get out and exercise.

I had high hopes of being able to jump back into running again, but instead I walked 1.25 miles. It was easy at first. I kept a steady pace and made it to .50 miles just fine, and then my calves starting aching and my side started cramping. I did have to push myself to finish that last stretch of sidewalk at the park.

I figure I will allow myself to get used to activity for a week or two and then I will attempt to start running or jogging again.

Cheers,
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment